This is our chance to end the hounding of bears in Nevada! Assembly Bill 443 can make a huge difference by ending the use of dogs.
Assembly Bill 443 Overview and Text
Three important things you can do for Black bears in Nevada right now!
1. Attend the Assembly Natural Resources Committee hearing tomorrow and speak in support of Assembly Bill 443 that would end hounding of Black bears.
WHEN: Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:30 PM
- Room 3138 of the Legislative Building, 401 S. Carson St., Carson City, NV
There will be two locations with live video-conferencing:
- Video-conferenced to Room 4406 of the Grant Sawyer State Office Building, 555 E. Washington Ave., Las Vegas, NV
- Video-conferenced to Room 118, Room #118, Greenhaw Technical Arts Building, Great Basin College, 1500 College Parkway, Elko, NV
2. Send your comments and letters in support of AB 443 to the Assembly Natural Resources Committee members.
If you can submit your letters and comments by the deadline of noon TODAY, Wednesday, March 29 that would be best, but all comments and letters before tomorrow's hearing make a difference!
Humane issues are important but points about negative economic impacts and ineffective management strategies can also be included. Visit No Bear Hunt NV's website
for talking points.
Focus on - Fair chase, habitat destruction and non-target animals being maimed and killed as the hounds run through our public lands, etc. You can also check out the NoBearHunt NV Facebook page
for arguments and talking points.
Be firm and respectful. End bear hounding now!
Submit your comments and letters to:
You may also email Natural Resources members directly - Personalized letters can be very effective:
3. Go to leg.state.nv.us
and click on "Share Your Opinion" then follow the directions.